Thursday 9 May 2013

All the pretty nurses

Nursing is dead.

My anxiety started to win the battle in the fight to stay in school. I have officially given my notice to withdraw from my nursing course. It all started on Thursday last week. I fond myself putting on my uniform and wishing i could just go play with MstrD instead. Mr D was running around doing this and that trying to get out the door while MstrD just wanted me to stay in his room and build a barn out of lego.

MstrD is a very smart child. He can manipulate better than a 7 year old wanting ice-cream. He draggs you into his room then stands there and looks up at you with the same expression as shrek's Puss in boots and says in a quiet voice "Mummy, can you help me to make a barn, please, please?" The please please is very quick and heartbreaking. How the hell do i say no to him when he's being so sweet?

Then on Saturday i had assignments and study to do and MstrD was by my side for most of the day asking for my time. I drove to a party on Saturday night (girls night in)when over the radio comes Cats in the cradle. I bawled my eyes out.

On Monday I played with MstrD until 9:30 before finally taking him to kindy. Instead of going to TAFE i went home & cleaned the house from top to bottom. I actually had clean sheets on the beds and  mopped floors and no laundry just sitting in a pile on the computer table. I felt good.

On Tuesday i dropped MstrD off a kindy, raced home and did 1 hour of exercise, then tidied the house & went to lunch with a girlfriend that i haven't had time to catch up with.

On Wednesday i took it a bit easy and watched some TV then did some shopping and caught up with another friend i'd neglected.

So here i am on Friday and i haven't thought about going into TAFE at all this week. I've played with MstrD every morning, I've had dinner on the table every night and i've been able to exercise 4/5 days. My mood has imporved and i feel better within myself.

The bottom line for me is that i need to nourish my home & hearth side for a while. To be content and happy within myself & to find out where the hell my libido went the last few months...

No comments:

Post a Comment