Wednesday 17 April 2013

Blog worthy


To blog or not to blog… What was the question?

As a layperson that has decided to start blogging there are questions I need answers for.  How long should my blogs be? Do I have to blog everyday or only blog when inspiration hits?  Is that inspiration blog worthy or just a good Facebook status?

Doing a quick bit of googling (sounds dirty eh) I’ve found that there are many opinions on how often you should blog and what you should blog about. Most say that you have to be consistent but not necessary blog everyday.  Once or twice a week is apparently the average.

Content is completely up the blogger. So it’s up to me to decide if something is blog worthy and length is dependant upon the topic and how much I wish to say about it but again it should be consistent. You can have a one-word blog but it won’t keep people interested.

Plagiarism is obviously frowned upon. If you can’t write something new & constructive, don’t copy & paste as though you did. Sounds simple enough to me. I blog, to get my thoughts out, not to retell someone else’s.

To summarise it’s all up to me. This page is a monarchy and I am its queen. I have the final say of what, when & how long each blog is.  

Scared yet? 

No comments:

Post a Comment