Wednesday 17 April 2013

Lucid Dreaming

How do you fall asleep?

For me i lay down in bed, close my eyes & tell myself a story. I set the scene. Perhaps I'm a princess in a tall tower on a distant planet with 6 moons or maybe i'm reenacting a sliding doors moment from my past or maybe i'm fantasising about meeting... ok having sex with, a famous person. It's my imagination and i can do whatever i want. Don't judge.

Somewhere along the way i fall asleep. I know i'm dreaming though, and if my subconscious tries to stop me from doing things like flying through sky with Superman or calming down the hulk in the middle of a rage i can stop it, rewind or jump to another planet altogether. Thats the power i have in my dreams. 

I thought everyone dreamt this way. When i started having problems (i'll get to that) i googled how to have more control in my dreams and i found out that lucid dreaming isn't that common. It's actually something people aspire to do. Really creative people make a carrear out of it. Steven Spielberg has said that some of his inspiration has come from lucid dreaming. There are pages and pages of information on the internet teaching people how to lucid dream. Strange eh.

So the problem i'm experiencing at the moment is that my subconscious has seen every scary movie made in the last 20 years and has decided to sneak the antagonist into my dreams. One moment i'm walking down the red carpet with Jensen Ackles, next minute i'm running from Samara of The Ring! Now Jensen could pull a Dean Winchester and help me out but i bunk out into one of my other fantasies. So now i'm sailing on the prow of the Titanic with Leo and Jaws flys up at me. Jump into an alternate reality where my twin sister is dating hunky blair Redford aka Ethan Whitehorse and suddenly i see the lady in black. 

It's like i'm stuck in a video game of horrors. This jumping goes on & on until i wake myself up. So why has my subconscious turned on me? Well i think it's because there is something in my life that i need to face but i really don't want to. My goal tonight is to stay within Ian Somerhalder's embrace and face whatever terror is coming for me.

I'll let you all know how i go!







No comments:

Post a Comment